Tenor Weight 17-1-17
Practice Times Thursdays 1930-2100
Sunday Service Ringing 1000-1045
Location SO957707 Lat/Lon 52.33392; -2.06525; Map
Peals Felstead Peals
Bromsgrove is fortunate to have as part of its cultural heritage a peal of ten bells with a tenor of 18 cwt.
The tower dates from the 13th Century, and was finished off in the late 14th Century, the delay being caused by the Black Death in 1349. The top of the weathercock is 8’10’’ above the top stone of the spire, and 206’4” above ground level.
The bells are mentioned as a ring of eight in the 1804 Rudhall catalogue and were augmented in 1816. They were rehung by Eayre & Smith in 1983-4 in a new metal frame. The bells go fairly well, but some (notably the 7th) are very odd-struck.
A narrow drive leads up to the church from the east end, and there is minimal parking at the base of the tower. Parking on the Church Road and Kidderminster Road but please note parking restriction times. Alternatively, a pay and display car park on St. John Street. The door to the tower is through the large west entrance. The 50 steps on the spiral stairs are not worn, but are somewhat uneven in height, so take care when climbing up or down.
All other matters relating to this Church such as Service times Weddings Funerals and Baptisms should be addressed to the local parish office. The telephone number and other details can be found via this link.
Aligned with Annual Report published April 2017