Tenor Weight 11-1-9
Practice Times Thursdays 1930-2100
Sunday Service Ringing 0915-1000
Location SP081638 SatNav Lat/Lon 52.27185, -1.88197 Map
Peals Felstead Peals
The church is rurally situated in a Cul de Sac running off a country lane leading Northeast from the main A435 in the general direction of Ullenhall and Henley in Arden. The approach from Studley village is via either Castle St or Bell St. Access is a little restricted for coaches. Please ring for further information. Access to the ringing room is by means of a stone spiral staircase which has 44 steps of somewhat varying heights.
Studley Bells comprise an original five by Mathew Bagley, cast in 1688 at Evesham, which were rehung in a steel frame, retuned and a treble added in 1958 by John Taylor. Two further trebles were added to complete the octave for the Millennium, also cast by Taylors. See Mike Chester's site for full details. There are several pubs in the village where it is possible to obtain refreshment and sustenance. Public toilets are available in the village adjacent to the roundabout by the Barley Mow pub.
Studley Church dates from Norman times and the old coaching road to London once passed its doors. In the industrial revolution Studley came to the fore as a producer of the world's best needles although there is sadly little evidence of this left thesedays. The town is really a dormitory for the town of Redditch and the former Rover factory at Longbridge.
Visiting ringers or anyone wishing to learn to ring tower bells should contact the correspondent listed on this website.
All other matters relating to this Church such as Service times Weddings Funerals and Baptisms should be addressed to the local parish office. The telephone number and other details can be found via this link.